Wednesday, February 10, 2010

FTP: Full Tilt Poker

getting serious about online poker

Building a bankroll takes a lot of work... But I'll say this: there's something calming about being pissed losing $17 last Saturday.

I've been taking somewhat of a break from playing online poker these past few days. Over the past few weeks, it had been 8-12 hour sessions each day with little breaks only to eat, drink, and piss (oh, and sleep). I take one to two days off each week to just chill with friends or family or go to Barnes and Noble to read up on Poker magazines and book strategy.

I watched the movie "21" last night. Spacey's character discussed being emotionless and relying on statistics, the main character did well but went on tilt, and the rest of life outside of blackjack still involved the same strategies for successful work (not gambling). I wanna know if it's possible?

...to turn about $100 into $1000 plus...

I'm playing microstakes, mostly tournaments and just a few ring games. No Limit Hold 'Em tournaments that range from freeroll to $2.20. Playing something like, 10 tourneys a day and cashing in maybe 1 or 2 per day. I've hit it big twice so far, getting third in my last tournament (ten cent buy-in, 3600 players), and second place in a shorthanded, $2.20 tourney with about 650 people a couple weeks ago. The funniest thing is keeping your winnings after you've won.

Well -- this last tourney I came in third, and I'm down $17 since then, but haven't even played since being down the $17. Tomorrow, I'll get back to it. I do recognize that this feels like those times when I stopped studying to keep that "A" throughout the semester.

I want to keep working at this as I'm learning new things each time I play well. Oh, and I'm also done learning from my mistakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment