Monday, January 17, 2011

-$240 loss @ Borgata $3/6 Limit

I had a nice time at Borgata 1/14 Friday... but I lost $240 in the 3-6 Limit game to kick-off my first live game of the New Year.

I went down with my brothers and sister-in-law. Gerald, my second oldest brother, sat at my table and to the right of me. He got a chance to browse the Swayne "Advanced Degree in Hold 'Em" book on the 1.5 hour ride to AC. Gerald also quizzed us and noted the importance of mathematics and probability in poker. I think the book may have helped boost his confidence going into the game because he had such a positive energy by the time we got there and he did well that night.

Ganesh, my oldest brother played a little bit at my table. I don't think he ever really takes limit poker seriously enough, which is disappointing because I think it could really give him a better outlook on the game.

My sister-in-law, Sharmila (Gerald's wife), had a really rough night at the no-limit $1/2 tables, but I think she has a decent handle on the swings as she is still in the black (profiting).

As for myself: I love the game, I played patiently, I went in with the goods.. But perhaps I'm a little rusty. I remember how much more confidence and understanding I had last year being that I was playing so much online tournament-poker (at least 5 hours a day on average). As with anything you value or reach after in life, you have to put your time in, hold onto that vision, and never stop working your ass off.

*note: I plan on keeping my poker stats and development on here for all of 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment